It’s late December again, which means it’s time for my favorite filler material — “best of” and “top ten” lists! Let’s start off with MyHealth Beijing’s most popular new posts of 2010, in order of popularity:
- An American Doctor In China: What’s Different? — MyHealth Beijing’s #1 post seemed to strike a chord with readers, as I offered more personal ramblings on my life here as a doctor. I still haven’t written the followup, “what’s the same”?…
- Plants Can Improve Indoor Air — Air pollution, as usual, was the top general category, and this post (as well as #9) discussed the importance of controlling your indoor air. We always worry about outdoor air, but we spend 90% of our time indoors!
- Top Ten Wellness Tips For Beijing Newbies — This was a very popular general piece, which offered a capsulized version of this website’s constant goal — how to stay healthy and happy in Beijing.
- Using the Beijing Air Quality Index (AQI) – Part I — This was a guest piece by Chris Buckley from Torana Air and offers a nice primer on reading the AQI, usually from the US Embassy’s feed
- Blueair vs. IQAir Purifiers: And The Winner Is… — As I expected, this piece got a lot of traction as the issue is always debated. I offered some real-world comparative data from a home experiment last year.
- Expatitis: Are You Infected? — This was part one of a series of posts where I try to describe certain common threads of maladies that I see in many expats — something I coined as expatitis. I was hoping that by putting a name to this constellation of symptoms, that expats could see their own warning signs and take some preemptive steps to staying healthy.
- What’s Your Favorite Chinese Medicine? Here’s My List… — After four years of working in China, I finally had a group of Chinese medicines I was comfortable enough to recommend. I’m still surprised by how small the list actually is…
- Pollution Masks: Which Are Best? — Part of a series of posts on N95 masks for pollution, this post reviewed the evidence, especially for the hard-to-find Totobobo masks
- Indoor Plants: Natural Air Purifiers — This post offered some practical tips on which plants to use indoors.
- My Top Relaxing Drives in Beijing — This was probably my most surprisingly popular post, more of a casual reflection on my driving experiences here in Beijing. I’m very happy that many people took my advice!
Follow me on: