It’s a few weeks overdue, but I’d like to share my personal favorite blog posts of 2011:
- A Day In Beijing Is Like Smoking Only One Sixth Of A Cigarette? It’s Almost…Disappointing! — this was one of my most fun projects, and still very controversial.
- Official School Air Pollution Action Plan: You’re Not Going To Like It — another very controversial post, I detail why Beijing schools should enact no-outdoor-activity cutoffs when the AQI reaches 200.
- Alen Air Purifiers Battle IQAir and Blueair — I had geeky fun running around my apartment for 3 days with 4 purifiers, one particle monitor and a spreadsheet. And the winner is…the consumer!
- Happy Birthday, Dad. You Died Far Too Young — the most painful article I’ve ever written, I offer this as a homage to my father, who died of alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Hey Laowai: Now You Can Use Weibo In English. Here’s How — not medical but important and also very popular, I give step-by-step instructions on using China’s coolest website, Weibo (you can always follow my Weibo at weibo.com/daniudaifu). Also non-medical but culturally important was my article helping people use group-buying websites in China (tuangou), which have saved me tens of thousands of RMB on everyday purchases in just two years
- High Cholesterol Hits Home… — another very personal article, I describe my brother’s efforts to control his dangerously high triglycerides
- Radiation Hits China — In “Harmless” Amounts. What Level Actually is “Harmless”? — this was enormously popular all over the world, not just in China, during last spring’s radiation scare in Japan.
- Air Pollution Masks: Buy Them Now! Here’s Where — And Why — I detail why I think N95 masks should be the new Beijing accessory.
- Welcome To Beijing! Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy — I detail my top ten wellness tips for Beijing’s newcomers
- Diabetes: What Natural Medicines Work — Or Don’t Work? and Diabetes: What’s The #1 Way To Prevent It? — this one-two punch offers practical tips on both avoiding and treating the global lifestyle epidemic of diabetes
Follow me on: